For me, Saturday and Sunday mornings have always been a time to slow down and finally make those delicious breakfasts that no one has time for during the week. For as long as I can remember I have always made pancakes at least once a weekend. I’ve tried so many variations of pancakes that it took me awhile to finally pinpoint my all-time favorite recipe. But this past weekend I have finally found it!
The Greek Yogurt makes for fluffy, thick pancakes while adding extra protein to keep you satiated for hours. Plus the Blueberry Sauce makes this recipe feel more like something you would find at a fancy brunch.
Total time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cup of sauce
1 cup of fresh blueberries
1 TBSP cold water
1 TBSP brown sugar
1-2 drops of lemon juice (only if your blueberries are very sweet)
1) Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer for 3-5 minutes or until sauce is thick. To thin the sauce add more water and to thicken the sauce add less.
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Total time: 10-15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 5 medium sized pancakes
6 oz. of Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt*
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ TBSP of honey
1/4 cup almond or skim milk
1 tsp of baking soda
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1) In a medium bowl combine the Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, honey, egg, and milk.
2) Slowly incorporate baking soda and whole wheat flour. Mix until batter is smooth.
3) Grease a nonstick skillet with butter or cooking spray and preheat. Spoon the pancake batter onto the skillet and cook over medium heat until bottoms of pancakes are golden brown. Flip pancakes and cook until other side are also golden brown.
4) Transfer to plates and apply liberal amounts of the blueberry sauce. Enjoy!
*I use the Chobani nonfat plain Greek yogurt. If a flavored Greek yogurt is used instead you may want to add less honey to the pancake batter.