Decadent Dark Chocolate Banana and Peanut Butter Bites
These mini bites are a great dessert or snack! They are so easy to make too! I started these on a Sunday morning, threw them in the freezer and finished later that night. The rest of the week I had a healthy, sweet snack waiting for me whenever I walked through the kitchen!
Total Time: 2 hours (total)
Yield: 25 to 30 bites
3 large bananas, ripe
¼ cup peanut butter or other nut butter
½ cup (4 oz.) melted dark chocolate
1) Using a knife, slice bananas about ¼ inch thick.
2) Spread one slice with peanut or nut butter and then place a second slice on top like a sandwich. Continue with remaining slices
3) Line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Place all banana bites on the wax paper and put in freezer. Freeze for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until banana bites are frozen solid.
4) Melt the dark chocolate in the microwave or over low heat on the stove. Careful not to burn it.
5) Dip one side of each banana bite into the melted dark chocolate and set down. After a few minutes, once the chocolate on the banana bites has harden, dip the second side of each banana bite in the dark chocolate and place back on wax paper.
6) Place bites in a freezer for 1 hour or until chocolate completely hardens.
7) Store leftover bites in the freezer in an airtight container to avoid freezer burn.