Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
Yield: 4 Servings
4 boneless chicken breasts
Salt and pepper to taste
6 oz. low-fat cream cheese
4 sticks of string cheese, cut into ¼ inch pieces
1 green pepper, chopped
2 TBSP olive oil
Chopped cilantro for garnish
1) Preheat oven to 350°F
2) Using a knife, make a horizontal slit in the chicken breasts from end to end and about an inch deep. Be careful not split the chicken breast in half. It should be just big enough to form a pocket in the chicken.
3) Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
4) In a small mixing bowl, stir the cream cheese until smooth. Incorporate the chopped green peppers.
5) Using your hands or a small spoon, stuff the cream cheese mixture inside the pockets of the chicken breasts. Place a few pieces of the cut string cheese on top of the cream cheese mixture.
6) Use pieces of cooking twine or toothpicks to secure the cheese mixture inside the chicken breast. Tie twine or place toothpicks around the middle and ends of the slits in the chicken breast.
7) Place the stuffed chicken breast in a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through.
8) Let cool slightly before serving. Serve with side of brown rice or sweet potato fries. Garnish with chopped cilantro.