An easy, healthy, and delicious weeknight dinner!
Yield: 2 potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
2 medium sweet potatoes
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
6 oz. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup black beans
3 TBSP taco seasoning
1 small tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
Chopped cilantro for garnish
Optional toppings include sour cream, Greek yogurt, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or salsa.
1) To prepare the baked potato in the microwave begin by pricking the sweet potato with the fork in multiple places. Microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
2) In the meantime, heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute chopped onion and garlic until golden brown or for about 8 minutes.
3) Add the cooked & shredded chicken, black beans, and taco seasoning. Heat over a low flame.
4) Carefully slit the baked sweet potatoes down the center and stuff with the chicken and black bean mixture. Top with diced tomato and avocado.
5) Garnish with chopped cilantro or toppings of your choice.